Christmas cleaning tips that will make prepping for the holidays less a hassle.
Ho! Ho! Ho! It’s that time of the year when you’re looking at the best gifts for your family, perfect decorations and ways to have a lovely stress-free holiday. Whether you like it or not, Christmas cleaning will have to be added to your holiday to-do list.
Even if you are not expecting guests during the holiday period, it is always a good idea to prepare for the unexpected. You do not want to be caught off-handed when friends or family members turn up with very short notice.
Plan ahead which areas of your home you will be cleaning first. The earlier the better. If you divide the tasks into different areas and enlist the help of your family members, it will ease the load for you. Our Christmas cleaning tips are pretty simple and straightforward which will surely make the holiday prep less a hassle.
- Clean out the fridge, freezer and pantry to make room for the Christmas food.
- Clean your oven, ready for the perfect Christmas roast.
- Do all of your washing before guests arrive so you don’t have to do it whilst they’re there.
- Make sure you have plenty of rubbish bags.
- Clean any special cutlery or dishes that may have collected dust since last Christmas.
- Make sure table cloths are clean.
- Vacuum and mop all rooms, particularly the main living areas such as the kitchen, lounge room and dining room. Don’t forget to clean under furniture as things generally get moved to make more room.
- Clean the guest bathroom by wiping down the basin, shower and toilet. Ensure there is plenty of toilet paper and clean towels.
- Make sure to book professional cleaning in early!
Christmas is best spent with the family, following these Christmas cleaning tips will not only lessen the stress that comes along with the holidays but will allow you to reclaim your most valuable asset – your time and spend it to those who deserve it best, your family.
We at Lifestyle Cleaning Services want to help and make things a little easier for you. You can avoid the rush by calling us as early as now to schedule your carpet cleaning, window washing or whole house clean to prepare for the coming season.
Cheers to a stress-free Christmas!